19 Quarry St Fremantle
Constructed in 1891, Constructed in 1888
|Heritage List||YES||08 Mar 2007|
|Register of the National Estate||Permanent||28 Sep 1982||
|Classified by the National Trust||Classified||06 Oct 1980||
|Municipal Inventory||Adopted||18 Sep 2000||Level 2||
The place is an example of a stone residence representing the expansion of Fremantle in the gold boom period of the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
The place contributes to a substantially intact late nineteenth and early twentieth century streetscape close to the centre of Fremantle.
Single storey stone and brick house with quoining to corners and window and door openings to the walls of the house which has a zincalume hipped roof and two chimneys with corbelling extant. The place is set above the level of the pavement.
This place contains a limestone feature.
Number 17 and number 19 were built on the lot by James Gilchrist, a policeman. One was built in 1888 and the second in 1891. The first occupant of the house built in 1891 was Lawrence Alexander, a manager at Falk and Co.
Individual Building or Group
|Present Use||RESIDENTIAL||Single storey residence|
|Original Use||RESIDENTIAL||Single storey residence|
|DEMOGRAPHIC SETTLEMENT & MOBILITY||Settlements|
This data is provided by the City of Fremantle. While every care is taken to ensure the accuracy of this data, the City of Fremantle makes no representations or warranties about its accuracy, reliability, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose and disclaims all responsibility and all liability (including without limitation, liability in negligence) for all expenses, losses, damages (including indirect or consequential damage) and costs which you might incur as a result of the data being inaccurate or incomplete in any way and for any reason. Under no circumstances should this data be used to carry out any work without first contacting the City of Fremantle for the appropriate confirmation and approval.