183 Cheriton Rd Gingin
Constructed from 1903
|Municipal Inventory||Adopted||18 Oct 2005||Category 3||
|Register of the National Estate||Permanent||28 Sep 1982||
The house is in relatively original condition with verandah intact and is part of the original ensemble of house and farm buildings.
Single storey house designed in the manner customary at the turn of the century. Probably designed by the architcts, Oldam, Boas and Edney Brown who were responsible for the main building. This limestone cottage with brick quoins, corrugated iron, hipped roof and bull nose verandah was built in 1902 by Mr G J Gooch, using limestone from the old homestead beside the Gingin Brook. The verandah was restored using timber from the old stable. It remains in excellent order.
Built by G. Gooch at the same time as the larger house called Cheriton and on the same site. The first Cheriton, a farmhouse located on Gingin Brook, was demolished and the material was used in the construction of the new buildings.
Individual Building or Group
|Present Use||RESIDENTIAL||Single storey residence|
|Original Use||RESIDENTIAL||Single storey residence|
|OCCUPATIONS||Grazing, pastoralism & dairying|
|OCCUPATIONS||Commercial & service industries|
|DEMOGRAPHIC SETTLEMENT & MOBILITY||Settlements|
This information is provided voluntarily as a public service. The information provided is made available in good faith and is derived from sources believed to be reliable and accurate. However, the information is provided solely on the basis that readers will be responsible for making their own assessment of the matters discussed herein and are advised to verify all relevant representations, statements and information.