inHerit Logo

Gingin Golf Course

Author

Shire of Gingin

Place Number

17818
There no heritage location found in the Google fusion table.

Location

Lot 61 Dewar Rd Gingin

Location Details

Local Government

Gingin

Region

Avon Arc

Construction Date

Constructed from 1930

Demolition Year

N/A

Statutory Heritage Listings

Type Status Date Documents More information
(no listings)

Other Heritage Listings and Surveys

Type Status Date Grading/Management More information
Category Description
Municipal Inventory Adopted 18 Oct 2005 Category 4

Category 4

A site without built features, but of some cultural heritage significance to the Shire of Gingin.

History

In the 1930's, a nine-hole Golf Course existed in Edgar's paddock above the town. A Golf Club was formed in 1935, but this lapsed with the outbreak of war in 1939. In 1963, Mr. Jack Kitson sold 111 acres (Pt Locations 362, 431, 511, 525, 536 now called Lot 61) to the Shire of Girigin for the establishment of a Golf Course. In May 1963, a nine-hole Golf Course was ready for play and by 1966 an 18-hole course had been completed. On the 26th August 1978, new Golf Course Club Rooms were opened.

References

Ref ID No Ref Name Ref Source Ref Date
H Udell: "History of Gingin".

Place Type

Landscape

Uses

Epoch General Specific
Original Use SOCIAL\RECREATIONAL Other
Present Use SOCIAL\RECREATIONAL Other

Creation Date

24 Apr 2007

Publish place record online (inHerit):

Approved

Last Update

01 Jan 2017

Disclaimer

This information is provided voluntarily as a public service. The information provided is made available in good faith and is derived from sources believed to be reliable and accurate. However, the information is provided solely on the basis that readers will be responsible for making their own assessment of the matters discussed herein and are advised to verify all relevant representations, statements and information.