Burkett Rd Lyndon Location
Constructed from 1916, Constructed from 1910
Giralia Station has aesthetic, historic and cultural significance. The original scction of Giralia Station is a good example of construction in remote locations before the turn of the century. It provides an insight into
the lifesty le of pastoralists in the Gascovne Region.
The 1910 accommodation building on Giralia Station has corrugated iron walls and roof with pressed tin ceilings. This has been retained for use despite extensive additions in 1916 to create what is now the mainhomestead. The newer section also has corrugated iron walls and roofing but some walls and and the ceilings are constructed of tongue and groove timber.
The original grant of 204.698 acrcs of Giralia Station was taken up by H R Frencry & Co as leasehold from the WA Government in 1888. The first part of the homestead was built in 1910 and additions were made in the form of the present homestead in 1916. In 1921 the Blake family took over the property and continued to graze sheep. In 1972 Rac and Denver purchased the shares from other members of their family, becoming the sole owners of the property. Further additions to the homestead were made in 1976 and the area of the property has expanded to 265.000ha (654.000 acres).
|Ref ID No||Ref Name||Ref Source||Ref Date|
|Tourist Information pamphlet on Giralia Station; "The Real Outback".|
Individual Building or Group
|OCCUPATIONS||Grazing, pastoralism & dairying|
This information is provided voluntarily as a public service. The information provided is made available in good faith and is derived from sources believed to be reliable and accurate. However, the information is provided solely on the basis that readers will be responsible for making their own assessment of the matters discussed herein and are advised to verify all relevant representations, statements and information.