Dacresfield - Site


Shire of Gingin

Place Number



Lot 2 Brand Hwy Gingin

Location Details

Other Name(s)


Local Government



Avon Arc

Construction Date

Constructed from 1890

Demolition Year


Statutory Heritage Listings

Type Status Date Documents
(no listings)

Heritage Council Decisions and Deliberations

Type Status Date Documents
(no listings)

Other Heritage Listings and Surveys

Type Status Date Grading/Management
Municipal Inventory Adopted 17 Nov 1994 Category D


A mud bat home was erected for W R Williams on the property of his friend Henry Brockman. The house was named 'Dacresfield' after Mr. Williams' Father, Rev. Dacre Williams, the first Headmaster at Perth Boys' School. Mr. Williams was the first Secretary of the Gingin Roads Board following the first elections on 21st March 1893 The house is now a ruin having been badly damaged by troops during World War 1. The land is presently owned by Westralian Sands Ltd. of Capel W.A. The stones are to be removed and used to construct barbeques at Granville Park.


Site Only


Ref ID No Ref Name Ref Source Ref Date
Holroyd; "National Estate Study".

Place Type

Individual Building or Group


Epoch General Specific
Original Use RESIDENTIAL Single storey residence
Present Use OTHER Other

Construction Materials

Type General Specific
Wall EARTH Adobe {Mud Brick}
Wall STONE Other Stone

Creation Date

10 Jun 1998

Publish place record online (inHerit):


Last Update

31 Dec 2016


This information is provided voluntarily as a public service. The information provided is made available in good faith and is derived from sources believed to be reliable and accurate. However, the information is provided solely on the basis that readers will be responsible for making their own assessment of the matters discussed herein and are advised to verify all relevant representations, statements and information.